Why Athletic Therapy?
Athletic Therapy is best known for immediate on-field emergency care of professional and national athletes. Athletic Therapists use a thorough knowledge of the human musculoskeletal system, exercise physiology, biomechanics and basic emergency care to excel in the assessment and treatment of an injured individual. After assessing the injury, an Athletic Therapist will turn to a wide variety of rehabilitative techniques which might include soft tissue mobilization, physical exercise, stretching and supportive strapping to speed the healing.
Benefits from seeing an Athletic Therapist include:
- Increase flexibility and range of motion throughout the body
- Reduce joint and muscle pain
- Increase in strength
- Strength and Conditioning
- Returning to work and sport pain free
- Learning various injury prevention techniques to avoid another injury in the future