What is pelvic floor physiotherapy?
A highly effective and non-surgical approach to managing pelvic dysfunction where a thorough history and physical examination, including internal palpation, is performed. Manual therapy, along with prescribed exercises, are utilized to promote healthy pelvic function and get back to your normal.
Even though pelvic floor challenges are common, they are treatable. Pelvic health physiotherapy can help you regain control, maximize function, recovery and improve your well being.
Internal pelvic floor muscle training has Grade A Level 1 evidence and it should be first line treatment before surgery is considered.
Do you suffer from:
• Urinary, gas or stool incontinence
• Pelvic/hip/low-back Pain
• Painful Intercourse
• Pain during Pregnancy
• Interstitial Cystitis/Bladder pain syndrome
• Pelvic Organ Prolapse
• Pressure or heaviness in your vagina or rectum
• Prostatitis, Pudendal Neuralgia, Endometriosis
Let We-Fix-U effectively help you get back to yourself again!
Did you know…
• More than 3.3 million Canadians are living with urinary incontinence
• 1 in 4 (3) women have urinary incontinence
• 1 in 9 men have urinary incontinence
• 25-50% of women have prolapse and approximately 19% get surgery
• About 10% of men in their 40s and 25% of men in their 70s experience moderate to severe urinary symptoms
• Even teens and athletes experience pelvic dysfunction
• Poor pelvic health leads to decreased self-esteem, depression, social isolation, impedes physical activity, institutionalization, heavy economic burden
• Research recognizes that pelvic floor exercises are an integral part to promote good pelvic health
Urinary Incontinence is common but is NOT normal!
• Your Pelvis Health Physiotherapist is a highly trained, sensitive medical professional who will discuss these issues with you thoroughly before carrying out the treatment.